What is a Common area in a house?

So my two friends and I are moving into a 3bed 2.5 bath townhome next week. All our bedrooms are upstairs. I have a master bedroom and they share the bathroom upstairs. The half bath is on the ground floor. They are trying to tell me that their bathroom is a “common area” of the house but I’m saying that I will... show more So my two friends and I are moving into a 3bed 2.5 bath townhome next week. All our bedrooms are upstairs. I have a master bedroom and they share the bathroom upstairs. The half bath is on the ground floor.

They are trying to tell me that their bathroom is a “common area” of the house but I’m saying that

I will not be using their bathroom nor would my guests be. The bathroom downstairs is a common area. Anyone and everyone will be using it. But my two roommates and their guests will be using their bathroom and myself and my friends would use mine. My roommates are the only ones using that bathroom and their guests.

Would their bathroom be considered a common area?
Thank you!