why was I denied medicade?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

The easy answer, Dale, would be that you can't spell it. But seriously, the only way to find out for sure is inquire of the state agency which denied your application for Medicaid. If they give a reason - and it should be in writing - and you disagree, contact your state elected official and complain. Those folk can work wonders for potential voters.

• mike m
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

I guess you haven't been that stupid or lazy and you actually earn enough to buy your own health care. Are you dissapointed that that other people aren't going to give you free stuff? Put on your big boy or girl pants and grow up.

• 4 months ago

I have no idea, but i can make a guess and say that you have too much income or too many assets.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

you need to ask them this question, you were probably making too much money for it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Because when you filled out a form that asked you to put down your income and family size, you were evidently above the minimum threshold requirements to be eligible.

• 4 months ago

Medicaid is for low-income US citizens who are elderly and/or disabled, certain very-low income households with qualifying minor child and/or pregnant woman. For households with minor child/expectant mother, both parents' income & assets are required, & if mother lives alone, child support from the father is calculated in household income to qualify along with her earnings.

So which qualification do you fail to meet? Since this is under Immigration, you're not a US citizen? If you are having financial problems, go to your sponsor for help. Under public charge laws, applying for or using any public benefits, such as Medicaid, makes you permanently ineligible for US citizenship. Your sponsor must repay any assistance you received, and pay for your ticket back to your country.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

If you were denied the welfare office mails you an explanation.

• 4 months ago

Usually can't get it if you're working.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

We'll need your application number to check that for you.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.

Maybe you didn't meet their qualifications.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.