I’m a 23 man. I want to attend college to become a middle school teacher. Is it too late? Any tips?

I wondered the same thing years ago...long story short, I graduated college with an engineering degree when I was 40. After my experience at college, it seemed like it made better sense to gain a little "life experience" before you pick a major. Many of my classmates had big misconceptions about what the future held for them. After graduation, a lot of them went back to school and changed majors. So no, its not too late, you did yourself a favor by seeing the real world first. Good luck !

It is never too late to attend college, so don't let your age stop you from working towards the career that you desire! I do suggest however, that you do some research to find out the requirements for becoming a middle school teacher in the area that you live in. The requirements can differ between regions, educational boards, and even specific schools, so I would suggest that you do your research accordingly so that you can attend the correct college program and receive the training needed to become a middle school teacher.

Keep in mind that 23 is still a young age, and there are teachers of all ages. So definitely consider attending college and fulfilling all the requirements to becoming a middle school teacher.

Hope this helped and good luck!

It’s never too late

• Jay M

I have always told people that it is never too late to go back to school. I have no idea what a 23 man is, but with a concentration in an academic subject even a 23 man could teach middle school. I am wondering if you plan to be a 24 man, or will you remain a 23 man for a few years?

I'm 48 and just got my Master's. Is that considered "too late"? You have a long way to go. As long as it's what your heart desires, go for it! The only one stopping you is YOU.

It's not too late! Go for it! Schools needs more teachers!

The only advice I will give you is that middle school children can be hard to deal with (parents too). So as long as you like kids and don't hate them, at least get some volunteering experience on working with children of that age.

No you are very young. I thought the same thing when I was 19, 23, 30 years old it's never too late to go to school and learn something and better yourself. Don't let obstacles like this get in your way go for it!

no problems. you're going to need an appropriate college degree

It is never too late to do what you love! Get back out there! Never let anyone or anything set you back from your own personal success !

• Joseph

I've personally heard of people starting their teaching career in their 60's, so no it's not too late