promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 months ago

Why do they keep rebooting Spider-Man and Batman movies?

It’s getting really old. I mean how many times can you tell the same story?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Money, did I say money Stanley? YOU SURE DID, I'LL SAY IT TOO MONEY. ;-)

• Stanley
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Thanks for the BA.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

At the end of the day, because they still make $ for the studios.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

They don't have to reboot, considering the majority public know the origin stories anyway. As long as they do their best to portray the established characters the way people are already aware of. It's when they venture way off of base and do things differently... that they should do a reboot. I think after Tom Holland, it will just be too many Peter Parkers --- they are better of just doing Miles Morales... and then after doing that character based off Into the Spiderverse -- they might be able to bring in an old Spiderman or a new Spiderman -- or just say old Spiderman is dead or retired.

I know Bruce Timm doesn't want to get away his baby "aka Batman Beyond storyline" -- but it could really open the door for a new character to continue the story, and in a futuristic kind of society too.

• 9 months ago

Money Disney tried to get Sony to bend the kneee forgetting Sony is huge corporation and Sony Pictures being much bigger studio then 20th Century Fox.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Disney got a bit greedy with Spider-Man partnership with Sony so the deal fell apart and Warner Bros messed up the DCEU mostly so Ben Affleck had enough.

• 9 months ago

There are several points to consider.

The earlier films of both characters were set in story universes where they were the ONLY super hero in them. In the Chris Nolan trilogy, there was no Superman, no Justice League, or anyone else. In the McGuire and McCarthy Spider-Man movies, he was the only super hero.

But, Tom Holland's Spidey, and Afflack's Batman are in story universes where there ARE other super heroes. That point alone changes the kinds of stories that will work, and those that won't, in that context.

Example: In Batman #3, Bane takes all of Gotham hostage. In a story universe where Superman and Wonder Woman exist, that would last for about five minutes before both of those heroes arrive and fix things.

And, in Tom Holland's first appearance as Spidey (In Captain America: Civil War), we got very little of the origin story, because it was taken as a given that most moviegoers already knew it.

• 9 months ago

The fact is that you can only use the same actor for so long before they no longer want to play the role.

When you lose the actor, you end up having to reboot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.