N/A
N/A asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 6 months ago

Genealogy personal wiki?

I'd like to set up something like a wikipedia page for myself on genealogy or to share with family, where each person in the tree would have an entry much like wikipedia and there would be embedded links to take you to other pages.

Is a personal offline wiki through a virtual server the only option for this, or are there other software that allows this? I would opnly want it to be offline. it ought to be easily shareable and viewable on most machines

• Maxi

Then set up a free website such as www.webs.com which you can set up using their free templates, set a password to get into it so you give that to only the people you want to have access to/use/add to

Genealogical Wiki like you describe already exists.

• N/A

Under what name? I don't see anything like i describe

Sort of like the very successful genealogy sites such as Ancestry? You're a bit late bringing this to the party I'm afraid, unless you want to do some sort of personal blog with an interface for family to share info.

• N/A

And no... there's no place in ancestry to add links to other pages, whether they be events, people, locations, etc