Husband wont leave?

My husband was verbally abusive to my daughter and I about two weeks ago, so I up & left with her to stay at my dads until he could move out. Now he wont leave, even though its my house, I bought, he is not on the deed or mortgage statement. What can I do to get him out of the house so my children and I can have our home back before they start school?

It doesnt matter that it's literally your house. You are married, he has lived there and its his registered address. In this case, it would need to be handled as if you are a landlord and hes your tenant. You would have to go through court to evict him.

You must give him a proper legal notice to vacate. That would be in most states a 30 day notice. In CA it's 60 if he's lived there over 1 year.

Your problem is that, assuming he contributed to your general bank account and the house maintenance was paid for from that account, he can now claim to be a part owner of the house.

• car253

You probly have to evict him. What county and state do you live in ?

• Tavy

It is his home, you can't throw him out unless you have a court order. You need a Lawyer.

Start divorce proceedings and ask for a temporary order.

Seeing as it’s your house, call 911, tell them the situation then get a restraining order against him so he can’t return to the home.

• True but women pull that stunt all the time to get restraining orders. 'Verbal abuse' does not require you to show any injuries so very popular.

All you need to do, is either wait until he leaves the house even for a short time, then call a locksmith so they will change the locks. Or call the police, and they will escort him out, then get the locks changed.

Call the police. He has no legal right to the house.

Talk to an attorney.................