promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

How do I get my family to accept that I am homosexual?

They compare it to pedophilia and will not let me around children. My siblings have even bend me from their weddings with the exception of one. My father says he is humiliated by me and my mother seems to just ignore me. I was not even invited to a family reunion last year.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There's nothing you can do to get them to accept this part of you. They'll need to choose to do it for themselves. Just be yourself and in time they'll accept it. They need to get used to the idea and they need some education too since being gay has nothing to do with pedophilia. Take care.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

You meant BANNED, not BEND right?

Sorry this is happening to you. Some people are just insanely stubborn. Your family are just one of them. Perhaps someday they will grow up.

• 9 months ago

To hell with them.

• 9 months ago

There is a support group in many communities, for families of gays. Look it up on line and perhaps your family would be brave enough to attend a meeting. Good wishes,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ted
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

If i were you, i would just forget all of them and move to a new city or town. They have gradually disowning you and i feel that's like a family betrayal.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you probably cant, but maybe you can ask god to do that

• 9 months ago

I'm sorry that your family hasn't accepted you. However, this is their problem. They are missing out on your life.

The best way to act is kind to them and move on with your life. Do not let them pull you down.

• `
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Sorry, but they probably won't be accepting this any time soon. Move on with your life and don't look back.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

fuck your dad up the bum and don’t pull out. He won’t say another bad word against you.

• Dr. Stephanie
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Is the person who made this silly answer six years old?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.