No internet in apartment, can I ask for a discount.?

It’s been a week since I moved into a new apartment. In that time, the internet has been absolutely awful. There was no internet at all in the first 3 days. Afterward the Ethernet was working fine, but the WiFi continued to cut in and out. 4 days later, the internet stopped working again in the morning, and they... show more It’s been a week since I moved into a new apartment. In that time, the internet has been absolutely awful. There was no internet at all in the first 3 days. Afterward the Ethernet was working fine, but the WiFi continued to cut in and out. 4 days later, the internet stopped working again in the morning, and they said it “would be fixed by tomorrow morning”. It is now noon the next day, and the internet is still out. Being in college, this is an absolute nightmare, as I have no way to work on any assignments, only having a desktop. The lease stated that the landlord was responsible for providing internet; am I in a position to ask for compensation, considering they are not holding up their end of the bargain?
3 answers 3