Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 6 months ago

No internet in apartment, can I ask for a discount.?

It’s been a week since I moved into a new apartment. In that time, the internet has been absolutely awful. There was no internet at all in the first 3 days. Afterward the Ethernet was working fine, but the WiFi continued to cut in and out. 4 days later, the internet stopped working again in the morning, and they said it “would be fixed by tomorrow morning”. It is now noon the next day, and the internet is still out. Being in college, this is an absolute nightmare, as I have no way to work on any assignments, only having a desktop. The lease stated that the landlord was responsible for providing internet; am I in a position to ask for compensation, considering they are not holding up their end of the bargain?

Favorite Answer

You can always ask................

If he says before confirmation that he will provide you internet then you must ask but if he has no commitment on this then how can you ask for discount?

You don't really "Pay" for internet, it's probably a provided "perk" so asking for a discount is not going to get your anywhere. Sure, you can ask, but maybe you should be an adult and stop expecting people to do things for you or pay you for their errors. Get your self over to the library, a coffee shop or some place where you can relax and get your work done.