what do you fees your pet snake?

Update:

FEED FEED FEED

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best Answer

My college roommate from Yoakum TX (heart of the rattlesnake roundup area) became a herpetologist and had plenty of different snakes. He raised a colony of mice to feed them. Got a thumbs down from the mice.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Most people keep snakes that eat mouse, because mice are readily available and are relatively cheap. Some snakes (such as hognose snakes) will only eat toads and some will only eat lizards. Some will only eat snakes, and some will only eat fish or frogs. Many people try to fool their snakes by scenting mice with lizards. Some baby snakes will only eat lizards, so people put some baby mice in a box with lizards. The mice will then pick up the scent of the lizards and the snake may eat the mice because it smells the scent of the lizards. Some zoos will use the shed skin of a snake and put meat inside the skin to make a "sausage' to feed snakes that will only eat snakes (e.g. the king cobra). . or they may try to rub a mouse with the shed skin to make the mouse smell like a snake.

Some snakes such as the tree pythons and tree boas may only eat birds. These are fed baby chickens. The larger pythons may be fed rabbits. Some snakes only eat insects. Usually a tiny drop of vitamin d or multivitamin may be put of the food item to make sure the snakes do not have vitamin deficiencies.

• 3 months ago

They're carnivores, you can get food over at the rodentpro.com site.

• 3 months ago

my 13ft retic eats rabbits and raccoons. last fall i gave her an entire mule deer leg and she ate it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Depends on the type of snake. Often mice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.