Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 11 months ago

The doctors forced me to take medication even though I don't have a mental illness?

Should I sue them for malpractice? This is basically what happened. I got fired from my job right after training and I was extremely pissed. I decided to jump in front of a moving car and almost got hit but didn't. Then I jumped in front of another car but didn't get hit. I tried to run off but the police came and I got section to the hospital. At the psych unit, the doctors forced me to take medication and told me that if I don't take them, I won't leave so I took them. They diagnosed me with depression even thought I don't have that.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

That’s depression dude. Suicidal ideation IS depression. You can sue but you won’t win.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

nope you are just nuts

• Marc
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

No you cannot sue them. You were calssified by the police and doctors as a threat to self. They are protected under good samaritan laws. People dont jump in front of cars that are well. You needed help.

• 11 months ago

Most sane people don't jump in front of cars.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

And how did you conclude that you don't have depression? There are many types of depression, and if the loss of a job was enough to make you want to die -- you were depressed. And even for short-term situational depression, medication can help. And yes, they can hold you in psych until they are convinced that you are no longer an immediate danger to yourself, and that you have lined up outpatient support and treatment.

You are out now, so do what you have to do. Find a new job, take your meds, work with your therapist and psychiatrist, and get to where THEY will agree that you are no longer a danger to yourself.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Anyone who try's to do that has mental problems.

• 11 months ago

I don't think you can sue them honestly

Lv 7
    11 months ago

Great story, Scrappy.

• 11 months ago

and you know you don't have depression how??

YOU have a medical degree, do you?

Trying to kill yourself over some stupid job is not the only symptom. They can also tell by talking to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.