Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 months ago

Do you think The United States of America should ban 'aggressive or violent' video games like Belgium, Holland and Germany have?

You all wanted the government to get involved, now lie in the bed you made.

Update:

'Aggressive or violent' video games don't lead to violence however loot boxes lead to gambling addiction, the gaming communities logic is amazing.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Belgium & Holland didn't banned a video games because of violence, so I dunno why you bring those 2 countries up. If anything, Australia was the most notorious country for these kind of things, where they banned most of games that contains excessive violence/sexual contents, or even having drugs in it.

And why you Americans were obsessed in banning video games, where the problem lies on easy access to guns.

Stop selling guns at Walmarts and implement a tighter gun control, where every person that owns a gun must report to the government each month. Also, they need to be at least 10 years in the army before they're eligible in possesing firearms.

If you're not agree with tight gun controls, then you're also part of the problem.

• Zee
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

You ARE NOT taking, restricting, or creating ANY more gun control laws at all for American's guns, no matter what you do or say. You won't last long if you try.

• 3 months ago

Im from Belgium and i see no violent games being banned. I love shooter games. The only thing that i see banned is lootboxes in videogames

• 3 months ago

Personally I think members of parliament and Civil servants should have their pay docked when caught on camera playing any video game, violent or not.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I'm in Belgium and violent games have not been banned here... at all... nor in the other countries you mention.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

What are you talking about? You can play the new Wolfenstine games in Germany. Only in Germany due to their ban on all Nazi related content. The game doesn't have any Nazi symbols and instead of the main antagonist being the Nazis, they are called "The Order". Ironically though, in the German Version the scene with Hitler is still in the game.

• Rebel With A Cause
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Germany dropped their ban on Nazi imagery in games in 2018. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45142651 Which means that the new game Wolfenstein: Youngblood will be uncensored. https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/27/18759799/wolfenstein-youngblood-uncensored-release-germany-cyberpilot-nazi

• 4 months ago

Of course not since there is absolutely no research to indicate that there's any connection between violent video games and mass shootings.

• 4 months ago

If violent video games make you a shooter then if i play madden i can become a professional football player in no time

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I believe the people who create games are fully competent in their duties and I also believe consumers will purchase what they want. In addition, by the government regulating video games would be a direct violation of the Bill of Rights and Universal Declaration of Human Rights which states that “everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice”(The Universal Declaration of Human Rights). Moreover, instead of allowing the government to regulate the video games, we should hold the parents accountable for maintaining the video games. There are many other options that we as a nation can select from, but we cannot allow the government to be involved. Government has no role in regulating content in a society of protected speech and marketplace of ideas (Liptak, The New York Times). Individual parents should decide, not government censors, what is appropriate for their children. If we allow the government to be involved in the entertainment industry, this would be the first step of regulating many content that goes out to society (Wilson, Parents Not Government Needed to Monitor Video Games)..

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Neither the U.S. nor my Canada, we're the stronghold of freedom

and I'd not stop playing my video games even if illegal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.