Why are Swift truck drivers so bad?

Because they have deadlines to meet

• Will

You wanna see bad drivers? Come to the Chicagoland area. UPS drivers are terrible here. And I'm talking the C Class trucks that deliver to homes. They speed, they cut you off, they drive recklessly just so they can finish their insane routes. I too drive a truck and one day I was passing by a side street that housed a UPS facility. A block away there it was. A UPS driver rear ended a truck. The UPS vehicle's grill was torn off, the front was bent; he didn't even make it a mile from base.

As I said I am a truck driver. What you and the public need to know is that we are overworked. We are expected to meet deadlines that require us to get from point A to point B in so much amount of time and then from point B to point C again by a certain date. Some drivers succumb to the pressure being put on them, but I'll be damned if I kiss my employer's *** and drive recklessly, endangering other drivers, myself, my driving record, and my cargo. I will get there when I get there. If they want to fire me, they can. I bet the Department of Employment Security would love to hear my reason for termination, "I was fired because I refuse to speed and drive recklessly in order to get to destinations on time."

• JetDoc

There are some really good truck drivers out there, and some really bad ones. As the largest full truckload trucking company in the USA, Swift has more than their share of BOTH types.