Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 4 months ago

Why are people taking this whole Popeyes and chick fil a chicken sandwich thing so serious on social media?

All I see on Facebook is people talking about Popeyes chicken sandwiches being better than chick fil a. People are being social justice warriors saying that chick fil a is homophobic, which technically the owner is homophobic because I’ve seen lgbtq people working at chick fil a and they don’t face any discrimination in the company and they get a fair wage and benefit opportunities at chick fil a. For me personally I’m a bisexual black man and I honestly don’t really care if companies are racist or homophobic or bigoted, that’s most companies anyway. My life doesn’t revolve around politics or social issues, if I boycotted every bigoted company, I might as well live in a cave with nothing. But during pride month whatever company says they support pride, they don’t actually like the lgbtq community, they’re just faking support for money and clout. They’re just profiting off the lgbtq cause. But for me personally I don’t care if these companies are bigoted.

• David

Chick-fil-a has the most boring tasteless food I've ever had. I won't eat it even if it's free. Yet somehow this garbage is hugely popular. Just goes to show you how stupid the average American is. Now Popeyes is supposed to be better but I've never eaten there.

Beats me, I don't know.

• Bob

Many if not most people that act like this have no lives and/or are the type that will say ANYTHING online but not to someones face.

Chick-fil-a has used discriminatory policies in hiring in the past. The current furor is over the fact that the company- and the owner- donate money to anti LGBTQ organizations. The founders are very religious- that's why Chick-fil-a isn't open on Sundays. People can decide that they don't want their money going to support something they object to. You have the right to keep eating there, if you want to.

Oh lord, who cares???

Opinions are like armpits, everyone has at least 1 and most of them stink.