Why are people taking this whole Popeyes and chick fil a chicken sandwich thing so serious on social media?

All I see on Facebook is people talking about Popeyes chicken sandwiches being better than chick fil a. People are being social justice warriors saying that chick fil a is homophobic, which technically the owner is homophobic because I’ve seen lgbtq people working at chick fil a and they don’t face any... show more All I see on Facebook is people talking about Popeyes chicken sandwiches being better than chick fil a. People are being social justice warriors saying that chick fil a is homophobic, which technically the owner is homophobic because I’ve seen lgbtq people working at chick fil a and they don’t face any discrimination in the company and they get a fair wage and benefit opportunities at chick fil a. For me personally I’m a bisexual black man and I honestly don’t really care if companies are racist or homophobic or bigoted, that’s most companies anyway. My life doesn’t revolve around politics or social issues, if I boycotted every bigoted company, I might as well live in a cave with nothing. But during pride month whatever company says they support pride, they don’t actually like the lgbtq community, they’re just faking support for money and clout. They’re just profiting off the lgbtq cause. But for me personally I don’t care if these companies are bigoted.
5 answers 5