Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 4 months ago

Would you be afraid of someone pushing you off a ship?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Only concerned about some relative dropping my infant child out an upper deck window though.

• 3 months ago

I have taken many cruises and when I hear about passengers "falling" off a ship, ...you have to wonder what the HELL they were doing, because it's IMPOSSIBLE under any NORMAL circumstance..............unless you were doing something incredibly STUPID like sitting on the 4 foot hight railings........ or trying to see the SCREWS like Kate Winslet in Titanic.

You don't just "fall off" a ship. You have to be trying really hard to "fall" off.

• 3 months ago

Not unless I was drunk.

• John F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No one can push you off a ship. They would have to lift you up over the railings. The railings are at least 48 inches high, so it would take some effort.

If you're really worried, don't go near the railings, or always make sure there are several other people around. And stay sober.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Betty
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes...I can't swim...

• 4 months ago

I'd want to be aware of it.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Yes. If you suspect someone intends to push you off a ship, I would alert the purser.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

That's not something that's ever bothered me and we usually cruise about once a year and quite often take trips on smaller boats during other holidays.

• 4 months ago

Generally no.

I would have to be in a pretty specific set of circumstances to be afraid of anything like that.

I would have to be on a ship obviously, one that is in transit over the oceans somewhere... and I would have to be on an outdoor deck of that ship, somewhere near the railing. And I would have to suspect that someone on board might do something extremely stupid like push someone off.

That would really suck, being dumped in the ocean somewhere, watching the ship go off into the distance. Basically you're screwed, you're going to die an unpleasant death.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Maybe for half a second. Concerned more than I can't swim.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.