Do airpods being connected to your phone stop your phone’s alarm from going off?

My alarm didnt go off this morning but thankfully my roomie woke me up! I couldnt figure out why because my sound was on and full volume. I also was not on do not disturb which doesnt really matter bc your alarm works with do not disturb anyway! I tried to turn off bluetooth to see if my airpods were getting the sound and not my phone and i did and then my next alarm went off. Was this just a coincidence or was it really my airpods?

yeah you might hear thhem on the airpods themselves

When you enable a Bluetooth audio device, your native speakers are disabled. That is obvious - when you are using your airpods, there is not audio coming out of the speakers, is there?

I would say that is exactly the reason but I don't know for sure but......

Why don't you just set a new alarm in say a few minutes with the airpods on and with them off?