Sadie asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 months ago

Is this lice?

Last month we got lice from my niece, well I believe we got it again. But how? I found one lice in my hair before we did the treatment. After combing through my hair with the treatment i found about 10-15 of these. They all looked the same. Kinda had a tail on them. Are they just they early stages of lice? Any advice would be great thanks

You can get rid of the lice fairly easily through combing or brushing but if they have already laid their eggs they will suddenly reappear for apparently no reason other than the fact I just told you why. The best and most effective way to get rid of lice is through regular combing. The life cycle gives you ~ 4-5 days before the little critters lay their eggs so if you get rid of the baby lice then you will be clear as non adult = no eggs.

Anyone see a possible song there?

Baby lice do do do do do do

Baby lice do do do do do do ........

They are not in any way dangerous to humans they just have a bit of a social stigma associated but since they are remarkably common it is best to just keep combing and brushing for a couple of weeks and they will be gone. You can buy a special nit comb which actually takes a lot of the nits (eggs) out too but the best way is what I said. Clock 'em while they are too young to breed.

p.s. another song might be ......

Is this lice

Is this lice

Is this lice

Is this lice that I'm feeling?

lol?

Go to a doctor,people on yahoo are not doctors.We arent medically qualified ro answer.

It might be. Go to the Dr's..

Make sure you do EVERYONE'S hair in the house! Discourage sharing hats, hair ties, hair brushes, combs, or any other items that touch your hair. Remind your kids not to share with friends. If you happen to miss a nit that hatches, it's possible to have another infestation.

• hamnod

this is head lice insect and will breed colony on you head, you must go see doctor right now lice can bury into under skin and make very bad infection, you niece must live in a very dirty family house

it might be....hard to say...............

It does resemble a louse. The last time our family battled lice was about 5 years ago. Most were that size, some were even larger. They were a golden color, some were almost transparent like. The good thing is that lice cannot survive away from a host for more than 24 hours. While they are certainly a pain, they are actually not too difficult to get rid of. I would get lice treatment for the entire family. Everybody do a lice treatment at the same time, then everybody repeat another treatment in roughly ten days whether you think you need it or not. Again, you do not really have to worry about lice in furniture, bedding, carpet, stuffed animals, etc. I would certainly go ahead and wash all bedding at the same time you are treating your family, just in case there is a louse or two that is roaming around, but again, lice do not survive on their own for long periods of time. When my children got lice, the entire family did a lice treatment, then we all repeated another home treatment in ten days, and they were completely killed, and never a sign of one since. We just used the over the counter treatment from Wal-Mart, and it worked great.

Does it move ? Does it matter ? Go see a doctor to confirm what it is (ASAP) and start a treatment. It could be something other than lice.