JonZ
JonZ asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

How do you think you are doing on saving for retirement? Will you be able to retire comfortably?

Favorite Answer

I'm doing better than 90% of the population, but I still know it may not be enough. By my calculations I will need 4-5 million to retire "comfortably" including a buffer for all the possible unexpected things.

• tiescore

So your going to need $120,000 a year minimum in retirement? That sounds high. Just maybe you live a jet setting life. I do fine on a third of that while saving for retirement. I do want to travel in retirement so I'm banking on having more than I currently earn.

Right now I'm on track to retire, its the do everything I'd like to do that I haven't been doing yet that I'm still short on, but I invest religiously so I think I'll get there yet.

I am retired, and I have a net worth of more than $3 million, so I have no problems. I was able to amass this sum by being a cheapskate when I was young, and investing money for the long term.

• RICK

I just turned 68, I retired comfortably 12 years ago, 44 days after my 56 birthday

I pay more than the government in the UK recommends and get employer contributions. The thing is even if I don't live to see it then my wife can get it, failing that if she dies then other relatives.

5 years remaining and already have more than enough saved.

• Clive

Mind your own business.

Retired at 39. Now 56. Unless I live to 85 and need private care, I cant see myself outliving my money.

Still, I wish I would have done more fun somewhat expensive things when I was younger. I had no idea I would retire young and somewhere along the way lose my energy.