at&t internet router can I upgrade?

Hi everyone so I have had this att router for about 3 or 4 years my question is can I upgrade to a different router or is there something better. I assume att would have change it up a bit after a while. My router seems old and dusty to me now.

Contact AT&T to see if they will either replace/update your router or provide a list of compatible routers you can purchase yourself to work with their equipment.

AT&T U-Verse requires you to use whatever gateway they provide/sell you. You cannot use whatever modem you want, even if it is an AT&T gateway. They're quite picky about it. It also depends on the exact U-Verse service you have with them. We had U-Verse for nearly a decade and we never had any gateway like the one you have pictured. However, you can add your own router. Exact instruction depend on the specific gateway you have.

https://approvedmodem.com/att-compatible-dsl-modem...

I have also found posts that claim that you MUST use their trash ... err, modems.

You can buy a good router and put it's port in the AT&T things DMZ.

• Anton

You upgrade U-Verse by switching to Cable (Spectrum or ?)

• David

You need to contact AT&T to see if they have a list of approved modem/routers they will support. Usually they lock the line to the MAC address of the router so you will need to inform them if you get a third party router

Ask an ATT representative