Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 4 months ago

We all know what former SUBWAY spokesman Jared Fogle has been revealed to be. But... his defense. What do you make of that?

According to Dr. John Bradford, a forensic psychiatrist who testified for Fogle's defense team, Fogle suffered from a compulsive eating disorder for several years before losing weight, and replaced food with a sense of "hypersexuality," which included "mild" or "weak" pedophilia. That diagnosis was not accepted by experts in the psychiatry field and was criticized by Pratt and on social media.

To Patricia--Look up "Jared Fogle" online. Brace yourself.

To "I enjoy helping people"--read my update, where Dr. John Bradford remarks losing all that weight so quickly and giving up on eating that compulsively caused his sex drive to skyrocket. Still... the damn little noncer didn't have to target small children.

I don't know what he's been revealed to be. I guess i didn't keep up with that news.

All i know is the food served at subway is unhealthy asShit

What is his defense?

I'm confused. Someone thinks there is a GOOD reason to mess with children? And they are trying to convince us?

Pedophilia is an aberration and there is always a reason for it. Whether we discover the cause may be a different matter. Whatever the case, people who commit such acts against children were usually molested themselves. Somehow the harmful behaviour has become normalised in the brain of the offender.

Sadly we cannot cure pedophilia, however we can provide intensive psychotherapy for many years with some success.

If the defence was proposed as you put it, then it doesn't sound very good. In fact it comes across as just making excuses. I wasn't there though and haven't reviewed details of the case, so can't judge based on what is essentially hearsay.