Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 months ago

I been spotting for 5 days already, I don’t know what it is if it’s implatation bleeding or what it is but basically at first?

I got a light pink color when I wiped and I thought “ I cant get my period because it’s too early, I always get my period on the first of the month” so the next few days the color started getting brown and then it would go back to a pinkish color. And I got cramps but only for a few hours. Can I be pregnant? Has this happened to anyone ?

Yes you can be pregnant!

• Edna

What you had was your period. It was just "early", that's all. "Spotting" that continues for 5 days is a period.

• Edna

Jennifer Daniels: But, if your mom was in perimenopause for one straight year and was spotting, then she KNEW that it was highly unlikely that she was pregnant & she CERTAINLY knew she wouldn't be having implantation bleeding. That's what the OP was asking about - pregnant, or not pregnant?

Breakthrough bleeding is any bleeding that happens when a period is not expected.

Periods can be up to five days early or late and still be considered "normal" or "on time".

Spotting before a period is not that uncommon. Even if it has never happened to you before it doesn't mean it can't happen and it doesn't mean something is wrong.

That much spotting is not implantation bleeding. Pregnancy is unlikely, but if you do turn out to be pregnant, be sure to mention this bleeding to the doctor because it could indicate a problem. Pregnant women don't usually experience bleeding.

It could be implantation bleeding. I have 4 kids. I got implantation bleeding with the last two of them. I remember the first time I had it, I was expecting my period around a Wednesday/Thursday, but on the Sunday before, I wiped and saw a little bit of blood. Then I thought,"Great, period." Then,"Hang on, it's not due yet". The vey light bleeding hung around on the Monday as well, then it went away. On the Thursday, I got a positive pregnancy test.

• Pippin

You are spotting. If it's very light, it's probably not a period -- but it's not implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is rare, and is just a spot or two of blood. It doesn't last for almost a week.

So you're period knows what months hq 30 days, 31 days, and that February 28 and knows when it's a leap year?

What's happening is a period

• Tavy

Your body does not have a calendar, a period can come a week early or late. There are not the same amount of days in each month.