Milk spilled on laptop?

The dog had knocked over a cup and spilled some milk onto my laptop, and I managed to turn it off and clean it, and took the battery out and cleaned it, but it booted up normally.

The only thing that seems to be out of whack are the speakers, but I don't really use them anyways.

I am going to take it to a repair shop on Monday (if they're not open tomorrow), and see if I'll be fine with this, or if I need to go out and invest in a new computer.

I mean, it seems to be working fine and I turned it off and on and restarted it several times and it rebooted and came on normally each time. The speakers just seem to be the only issue.

Like how does this even happen!?

EDIT: The speakers work with headphones, but it won't without them.

Yes definitely make sure no liquid got inside

• David

Unfortunately the laptop will need to be stripped and cleaned, any liquid spill in contact with the motherboard causes an electrolytic corrosive reaction damaging contacts, traces and components on the motherboard. You may be fortunate if the spill is limited and you may get away with just cleaning the affected components. This isn’t a DIY job though. Meanwhile take out the battery and don’t attempt to use it until you have it inspected by a workshop.