How to stop a dog from barking at you?

I recently moved in with mt dads girlfriend and my dad and she has a dog a big dog part german shepard and whenever it sees me it gets close to me and barks and when i walk toward her she runs away tbis has been happeneing for a couple weeks ever since we moved inbit she doesnt bark at my dad. It mostly happens... show more I recently moved in with mt dads girlfriend and my dad and she has a dog a big dog part german shepard and whenever it sees me it gets close to me and barks and when i walk toward her she runs away tbis has been happeneing for a couple weeks ever since we moved inbit she doesnt bark at my dad. It mostly happens when i walk out of my room or into the house or when my dad or his girlfriend are home its like she prote ts them or shows off to them which doesnt sound rigbt but are there any tips i can get to maybe let the dog know im not a threat or trying to hurt anyone even when i play with my dog that i raised she barks at me and one time she even lightly bit my elbow to make me stop.
6 answers 6