More physics questions.?

1. The charged particle (+q) is in the homogeneous electric field and is affected by the electric force. What happens to the magnitude and direction of the electric force when - the charge “q” is doubled - the charge “q” is reversed ( I guess it is from “ + “ to “ - “ ) Are the answers: So, it is that if the... show more 1. The charged particle (+q) is in the homogeneous electric field and is affected by the electric force. What happens to the magnitude and direction of the electric force when
- the charge “q” is doubled
- the charge “q” is reversed ( I guess it is from “ + “ to “ - “ )

Are the answers:
So, it is that if the charge “+q” is doubled then the magnitude also doubles, but the direction does not change.
So, if the charge “+q” is reversed to "-q" then the magnitude is the same, but the direction is opposite now.?

2. Why the metal can, which is brought near the the positively charged rod, begins to pull it. ?