promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do black people call the Gadsden Flag racist?

I know they get off to calling everyone/thing racist, but how can they or anyone for that matter justify calling freedom and liberty racist?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's important to realize that just like amongst the other races most people don't bother with such symbology because they're too busy living life. It's always a small fraction that have the time and passion to nitpick who start these protests. So for that very tiny group of people it's merely that the Gadsden Flag is from a time when slavery was the order of the day. So by their logic pretty much anything that happened prior to 1866 would be anathema.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

I have not ever heard it called racist. It has been used for many purposes over the years- from the Revolution to Navy ships to the rock band Metallica. But symbols mean what they are used to mean. If the Libertarians and Tea Party people use it when they're chanting nationalist slogans, then it will come to be associated with racism.

• Nathan9 months agoReport

See that's what I don't get, why/how can you or anyone else equate nationalism (love for America) with ricism? Don't you realise in doing that the term loses its meaning.

• 9 months ago

You're a f'ing idiot.

• Nathan9 months agoReport

Why lefty?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Most of Nathan's questions start with "Why do black people..."

and that - is why he's at level one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.