Anybody on here go to the original Woodstock?

If so, could you share your experience? I love hearing these stories. I know some are bs, but the legit ones are fantastic.

I was 10 years old. I remember though, being in a clothing store with my Mom, getting back to school clothes. And hearing about it on the news. A long report FROM the scene. WITH music and interviews. ON radio back then.

The Height of the Viet Nam WAR. I hate that, still does not sit well with me. Thank YOU though to all who were there in that terrible place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXf0Pmm3qY

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): There WILL NEVER be a repeat. IMPOSSIBLE
  • mokrie

Yeah, I was there. I had no idea what it was and was just dragged along. No toilets. Everyone had to go into the woods. I discovered that people would form a line and go in holding hands so no one fell over another person. It was freaky to me to be going to the toilet in total darkness with strangers talking to you on either side. Then we all held hands to come out so we didn't step in anything. Another thing--I wandered into another section with big trees and people tied sheets on tree branches at all different heights and then crawled in to sleep. They looked like the stork was bringing them with their head out one end and the feet out the other. Every now and then a branch would break off and you'd hear them hitting branches on the way down still inside that sheet. When they hit the ground they would say things like " wow, what a trip man." or " was that real or was I tripping?" It was surreal seeing all those triangular sheets with heads popping out one end up in trees. They way under estimated the size of the crowd since tens of thousands stayed in woods or mud ponds since you could hear the music from there. They were too high to even go to the stage. Haven't reminisced about this stuff in a long time.

• Joshua3 months agoReport

Sounds awesome. No one there even realized how significant that festival would become.. thank you for sharing.

I was 8 years old. Didn't go.