Who is more likely to be targeted by serial killers men or women?

My friend and I got into a huge argument over who would be more of a target he keeps bringing up that feminist bring up the fact that guys like me say women would be and that men and women aren t equally targeted. So my question is who s more of a target through statistics and studies please help.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Statistically more women have been killed by serial killers than have men. There are of course anomalies such as Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Bonin who targeted men, and of course Aileen Wouros. But historically speaking most serial killers are straight men who are psycho-sexually motivated and their victims are female.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Who is more likely to be targeted by serial killers men or women? MEN

• 6 months ago

it's usually women who are targeted, but you can google it to find out more information. that's what normal people do

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

After Rodger Elliot went in his killing spree everyone here went on about how he killed women, despite the fact he killed more men than women. What’s clear, is the public focuses more on female victims of violence than male victims of violence. Consider men are murdered at over 4 times the rate of women in the U.S., yet we have a violence against women act.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Certainly the famous ones have gone after women.

However, "famous" is the keyword here: The world gets far more paranoid far faster when its young white attractive women are disappearing than when the crusty old toothless homeless guy disappears.

I don't think we have any good statistics, simply because the nature of killing multiple victims is that you have clearly figured out how to get away with it. Often murder sprees get completely misidentified or the murders aren't ever connected.

But since men are 5 times more likely to be murdered generally than women, I would be stunned if more women are killed by serial killers than men.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Serial killers are sexual fetishists. They target the people they are attracted to--women. There are gay serial killers who go after men but a lot fewer. Sometimes they go after couples. Their primary targets are women. Men are more often killed in gang violence or mass shootings.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You hear more about male serial killers like Bundy murdering women, but there have been men who killed males, like John Wayne Gacy Jeffrey Dahmer and Wayne Williams. Aileen Wuornos murdered men for their cash, and there are black widows who have murdered a succession of husbands - and some have never been caught. Then there are equal opportunity serial killers who kill both men and women. It's kind of impossible to say.

• 6 months ago

i think women would be

• 6 months ago

Historically, women have always been more targeted by serial killers, You can look up the evidence- Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac killer, the others who have names, the one who killed all the prostitutes that they found on the beaches in Long Island, etc. There are a few cases of men being targeted- the guy in Minnesota who ate his victims, and there was one woman serial killer in Florida who killed guys who tried to have sex with her (Charlize Theron played her in a movie). But women are overwhelmingly the targets of serial killers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.