Found a dying wasp on my floor?

Okay, so I have been in my apartment for the last 5 and a half days (I work and go to school online). Haven't opened doors or windows during this time...

I saw another question similar to this and they said a possibility was a wasps nest in the walls or vent and it flew from there.

Conveniently, I have an a/c EXACTLY above the spot where I found the wasp. Does this seem likely? If so, any ideas on how to approach this?

I also found a reddit page posting a similar answer: that wasp colonies remove weak or dead members, especially in the late summer as they prepare for winter. Strange thing — it is late summer. That makes me believe even more that I have a wasp nest in my a/c vents.

Squish it!!!!!!!!!!!!

A single wasp already lethargic could have been hiding around your apartment a couple weeks.

Likely just strayed in at some time a door or window was open.

You could see if it will drink a dab of natural honey on a spoon, take it outside. It may recover and go back to its nest and life.

The late summer thing doesn't sound right, usually workers just up and die while the queen finds a place like a crack or hole and over winter there.

In your AC vents, you would have wasps indoors constantly.

If you've only seen the one it's quite possible it blundered in when you did have doors or windows opened and has been lurking somewhere out of sight since then. I wouldn't worry about it unless you begin to see more.

In a vent, a wall, whatever. You’ve got wasps being released inside the home.