Is there a flow rate so high that it will not heat up a swimming pool?

My friend and I had a disagreement about heating up a pool. We both agree that a a pump with a heating element with faster flow rate will heat it faster than a slower one. However, I argued (maybe wrongfully) that there has to be a flow rate so infinitely high that you actually won't be able to heat up the pool... show more My friend and I had a disagreement about heating up a pool. We both agree that a a pump with a heating element with faster flow rate will heat it faster than a slower one. However, I argued (maybe wrongfully) that there has to be a flow rate so infinitely high that you actually won't be able to heat up the pool because the heat transfer is so small that it will get overwhelm by the pool water. That is given that the speed increases but the heating element has a fix output. Is there anything to back this up or is faster better regardless of speed not taking into consideration electricity cost?