Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

What do i do if my 7 yr old son has been bullying two kids for being adopted?

I got a call from his teacher stating that he’s been bullying a set of boy/girl twins for being adopted. Their mom complained to the school and thats why the teacher called me. My son learned about their adoption when he overheard the family talking about it. I never imagined my own kid as being the bully! I took away his video games and he’ll be apologizing. How do I make sure that he never does this again?

sit him down and talk to him explaining families are different. if the twins lost their birth parents, describe the facts of death letting them know these twins are lucky to have parents who love them even if they are not their birth kids. also, convince him to apologize and try to befriend them. even if the birth parents are still around, explain some people aren't ready to start a family. giving them up for adoption is a much better option than abortion

just tell him if he bullies them one more time he'll end up getting adopted

• Lôn

Smack the little brat.....that should teach him!

Good question, hopefully the punishment of no video games and his apologizing will do the trick.

• Bill

you can'tbecause he gets his ideas from home and his friends

you will have a lot of patience used up in correcting his wrong attitude

First determine whether he understands why a child needs to be adopted. If he does understand, then I would ground him to his room for 3 days. No TV, no electronics. He can eat his meals in his room.

• Have you made sure that he understands why it's wrong or did you just tell him that it's wrong? He's old enough to understand the concept of empathy, so it's your job to try and explain it to him.