promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 9 months ago

What type of car drives better a sedan or suv?

I want to get my first car. Not sure is i should get a sedan or suv.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Depends on what you mean by 'better'.

A sedan is typically going to be faster, easier to maneuver, etc. - while an SUV might give you a better ride (of course, this all depends on what vehicle you buy, the condition, mileage, etc.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

A Mazda MX5 Miata drives much better than a sedan or SuV.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

That all depends on your usage in the first place, a Sedan is a bit cheaper to run but an SUV can be far more versatile in the long run, with the new engines the SUV uses just a little more gas. I use SUV's and the V6 gives me about 23 miles to the gallon on the highway, off road about 17 miles but I would never take a Sedan off road.Again it all depend on how your going to use it!

• 9 months ago

One of the reasons many car companies love SUVs is that many of the safety regulations that are on cars don't apply to SUVs.

SUVs are exceptionally sh*tty vehicles, bad to drive, with far less interior space than their exterior looks like they have, and generally with poor handling and poorer fuel efficiency.

Rather than an SUV, a minivan would be a better choice, if you need a vehicle with that kind of hauling ability. And, hatchbacks often are more nimble than sedans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Not every sedan will feel the same way on the road nor will every SUV behave the same way...

Very generally speaking though, any vehicle with a higher ground clearance ( like your typical SUV ), will not handle as well as something that is lower to the ground.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

The only intelligent way to answer that question is to go test drive a variety of each yourself instead of listening to biased opinions

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Do you want to tip over, spend more and get worse fuel economy? The choice is clear. Get an SUV.

Both my Nephews have them and both have a ton of miles but I guess they are cooler from a young persons viewpoint. Their dad does too, just turned 200k, had it since new. Mom has a mini van.

I am single and have never owned an SUV.

Either can last a long time if you change the oil and get a good import brand.

• 9 months ago

All things being equal, a sedan. An SUV has a high center of gravity and isn't going to corner as well. Most people here aren't old enough to remember when carmakers started coming out with SUVs. There were a lot of problems with people rolling them because the early ones were built on truck chassis and handled like trucks. People tried to drive them like cars, and they rolled. They are built a little better today but you still can't get around physics and the high center of gravity.

Also; they are not all good in the snow. That's a myth and a dangerous one. Not all have all wheel drive. The best vehicle I ever had for winter driving was a 4 wheel drive Subaru station wagon - 1984.

A front drive sedan or coupe with good winter tires (yes "snow tires" are still made) on all four wheels will outperform an all wheel drive SUV with "all season" tires on snowy, icy roads.

A sports sedan on dry roads will make any SUV feel like a fat drunk on a waterbed by comparison - think Saab, BMW, Mercedes Benz.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

1994 ford f150 regular cab. itll make the wife think twice about having more than 1 kid as there is only room for 3 in a regular cab pickup truck

Source(s): nothing
  • 9 months ago

Don't get an suv. They're dangerous gas guzzlers. Anybody who drives one is a douche.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bro Jest
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

Or keep "drives" but just add the word "generally" and assume that there may be exeptional cases when the rule does not hold but they are rare you pedantic bore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.