Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 11 months ago

I smoked (regular cigarettes) for the first time, and 5 days later got a really bad migraine (blurry vision, vomiting). Is this related?

Update:

It was a one time smoking instance (due to stress and depression, I am NOT going to continue)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

No .. your migraine headache isn't related to the cigarette that you smoked 5 days before. If you were going to get any sort of reaction from the cigarette, you would have gotten it very shortly after you smoked, or the next day at the latest.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Some people will have a bad reaction, or there’s something else wrong. I’d see a doctor if I were you just incase..

• 11 months ago

It's God's way of telling you that you are doing something stupid. If you don't take the hint you will get used to it, your breath will stink, you will pay double for life insurance and you will die about ten years sooner that it you didn't.

• 11 months ago

Yes, you just inhaled POISON into your lungs...sometimes the ill effects are immediate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Absolutely. Nicotine and nicotine withdrawal can lead to headaches and pretty much anything leads to a migraine.

Drink more water and stop if you are able to...before you are not.

Source(s): Quit cold turkey after 11 yrs smoking. 2 weeks of immense willpower and dry vomiting. And I'm lucky. Most can't quit on their own.
  • 11 months ago

It's quite possible. But, there's no way for us to prove it.

• Stoo
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

That's called hypochondria. The effect of a few cigarettes is out of your system in hours. That's why it's addictive - you have to keep smoking to relive any positive effect. And withdrawal symptoms don't hit unless your chronically dependent, which you're clearly not.

• 11 months ago

Yes. You’ve been laced with K2. Seek poison control center immediately

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.