What can I take to increase saliva in my mouth from dry mouth?

When I go out with friends or even eat with my family everyone talks about how good the food is and I have to constantly wash my mouth with water in order to taste the food. I have spoken to my doctor and she recommended and oral rinse that I have just began two nights ago. I currently see a color change in my... show more When I go out with friends or even eat with my family everyone talks about how good the food is and I have to constantly wash my mouth with water in order to taste the food. I have spoken to my doctor and she recommended and oral rinse that I have just began two nights ago.

I currently see a color change in my tongue. From white to more pink. (Normal color tongue)

But I still have to rinse my mouth with water in order to taste food.

I am slightly over weight but I do excercise. I smoked when I was younger since then I never smoke unless highly stressed. (Which is literally once a year)

I take act chewing gum which helps with saliva but when I m done chewing it goes back to being dry

I currently purchased biotine dry mouth gel, fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash. But I feel its just a waste of money.

I feel like crap when friends can taste things immediately and I have to rinse my mouth first in order to taste. They smoke and there taste buds are wayyyyy better than mine

I haven t seen a dentist in forever and my doctor has mentioned 4 me to go see a doctor. She also wants blood work on me to check for diabetes.

But 4 now I wish there was a quick fix for "tasting" better and producing more saliva instead of often rinse my mouth to taste what everyone already taste.

I wash my mouth twice a day.