Did you see the mosquitoes bite you?
They look like chigger bites, to me.
They leave a bit of digestive enzyme in your skin,
that keeps digesting you,
long after they have fed and gone.
If the bite gets a little chunk of dried blood plasma
on top of the bite,
if you don't scratch for an hour,
then it is chiggers.
I just found something that has worked wonders for my bites.
I remove the plasma crust
and apply a drop of a citric acid solution
(a pinch of citric acid crystals in a few drops of water).
If you have been scratching, this will sting for a couple seconds,
but relief begins in a minute or so,
and appears to be permanent, for that bite.
Lemon juice is high in citric acid
and should work the same.