Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 months ago

Is it normal for a doctor to cancel surgery because my heart rate was too high?

They told me I had to see a cardiologist before I can reschedule. What's up with that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Susie
    Lv 6
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It could be indicative of a heart problem. Or it could be just nerves. They won’t operate till they know whether you have a problem or not.

• 4 months agoReport

Thanks. All the other comments were rude AF. Miserable losers. This was my first and last time using Yahoo Answers.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes, its normal. If your heart rate is too high, its a risk to be under anesthetic for surgery.

• Who
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

why the f//k didnt you ask the doctor?

• 4 months agoReport

blocked, reported and forwarded.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

This really is not the place to ask for any sort of medical advice or opinion. Consult professionals only.

Moreover, the answer to the question is really rather obvious. Why would anyone be surprised that a surgeon wouldn't want to operate on someone with an unusually high heart rate?

• 4 months agoReport

How can I delete your answer? I don't like it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Is it normal for a doctor to cancel surgery because my heart rate was too high? yes

• 4 months agoReport

How can I delete your answer? I don't like it.

• 4 months ago

Medical advice ....

Apparently it is. Once again random strangers on YA are asked for detailed medical advice. Did it occur to you to ask your doctor?

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They don't want to be responsible for you dropping dead in the middle of surgery.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Why block him? It was a perfectly straightforward thing to point out.

• 4 months ago

Yes, it's normal. I've had the same thing happen to me. My heart rate was elevated just from walking from the bus stop to the hospital and the doctor did exactly the same thing.

• 4 months agoReport

Are you serious? Did they let you reschedule?

• 4 months ago

Hearts that beat too fast are an annoyance to the entire surgical team. I suggest you apologize by sending a fruit basket, and then calm yourself the **** down.

xoxoxo

• 4 months agoReport

Are you serious? This is my first time on yahoo answers. Is this website for jokes or something?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You could die........

• 4 months agoReport

Blocked, reported and forwarded.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.