Why do you believe Peter has the keys to the Kingdom when Rev 1:18 is written?

Update:

HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM GIVES ANYONE "THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM!"

WHY DO YOU THINK WE RECEIVE "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" OF "WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE" (I CORINTHIANS 12:8) AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (I CORINTHIANS 12:13)?

SO WE CAN "UNDERSTAND >>>THE MYSTERIES OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN..."<<< (MATTHEW 3:11)!

WE'LL BE ABLE TO SAY "BUT GOD HATH REVEALED THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT: FOR THE SPIRIT SEARCHETH ALL THINGS, YEA, THE DEEP THINGS OF GOD" (I COR 2:10)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

this is the scripture that catholics believe is meant that Jesus made Peter "the first pope", whereas the true meaning of that conversation is that Peter declared that Jesus is the Son of God and the savior of the world, and Jesus was letting him know that as a believer that had received revelation from God as to Who Jesus is, he would receive "the keys to the kingdom", just as the rest of the disciples did, and subsequently every born-again believer. Holding the keys to the kingdom means you know how to have access to God and all the benefits that you may ask for.

• ...Show all comments
    • norine6 months agoReport

THIS WITNESS IS TRUE: “Every time a Manifestation of God appears, a fuller measure of inspiration for the next stage in the awakening and progress of humanity is released into the world. A human being—ordinary in every outward respect—is called to be a mouthpiece for God.”

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

The keys of hell and death are not the keys of the kingdom, pard. Think again.

Peter, James, and John held the keys of the kingdom.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

*** That was talking about Jesus, he is the one who will resurrect the righteous people.

(Revelation 1:18) and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.

It is talking about "THE KEYS" and NO ONE holds "THE KEYS" to ANYTHING but JESUS! Or don't you believe "ALL POWER is given unto ME in heaven and in earth" (Matt 28:18)!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

>>Why do you believe Peter has the keys to the Kingdom <<

Jesus said so

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.

It was a temporary assignment until Jesus returned and took over again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Peter had the keys, and he used them when he preached the first gospel sermon opening the church for those who heard to become members.

Also, "the kingdom" (Matt 16:19) is not the same thing as "death and hades" in Revelation 1:18. Why not compare two verses that are talking about the same subject?

• ...Show all comments
    • JoeBama
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Peter revealed to those in Acts 2 how they could gain access into the kingdom and be added to the church.

• 6 months ago

I think its because Peter went above the requirements over and over again

• ...Show all comments

IT BY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT GOD "SENT" ME TO TELL MANKIND PETER FORGOT! AND IT WITNESSES EPHESIANS 4:5 "ONE BAPTISM" WITH NOTHING ELSE "ADDED" TO IT OR IT DEFIES REV 22:18!

• 6 months ago

It's not the same keys. Read it.

• 6 months ago

The priesthood is the power and authority given by God to man. Most male covenant members of the church will receive some level of priesthood. The keys of the priesthood is the authority to direct the priesthood. For example, a priesthood holder may have the authority to baptize but cannot do so unless authorized by one holding the keys. As head of the church and the head apostle (which is a priesthood office), Peter held the keys to direct all affairs of the church and kingdom of God. There can be only one person on earth at a time who is authorized to exersise all priesthood keys.

• 6 months ago

"The keys of death and Hades" mentioned in Revelation 1:18

are obviously not the same as

"the keys of the kingdom of Heaven" mentioned in Matthew 16:19.

• ...Show all comments

JESUS is currently"Knowledge of how man feels in the flesh" (Heb 4:15) JUDGING in order to RECONCILE us to the HOLY SPIRIT so "Then the end comes" (I Cor 15:24) THE KNOWLEDGE will no longer be need and we will piggy back in on Jesus when THE KNOWLEDGE is no longer needed "SO GOD CAN BE ALL AND ALL"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.