Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 6 months ago

Help? Would i be able to use my insurance?

I quit my job because i got a better paying job but my old job offered insurance. Im not worried because getting married in october and can go on my fiancés then husbands insurance.

I had a dentist appointment and was told i can use the insurance from my old job until september 1st. The dentist appointment was supposed to be for tomorrow the 24th. The dentist had to reschedule for next week. I wasnt worried about tomorrow but because next week on the 31st is my last full day with the insurance i am kind of worried.

I am calling the 24 hour number when i get home to find out but im asking in your opinion would i be okay on the 31st to use it? Im getting nervous here. My fiancé is currently calling the 24 hour number to see about the rules with me going on. We both worked the same job he just only works for that company now.

Whatever number you're calling won't know the answer. Assuming your coverage ends at the end of the month and not day of termination, then it would work up to and including August 31st. And, just because you call now and they say your coverage is active now does NOT mean that if they cancel it retroactively later that it would still work. However, presuming what they told you is accurate, then you're fine.

• Judy

Should be no problem. As of Sept 1 you would not be covered. You might comsider getting COBRA or other insurance until you go on his policy

What is it about "until Sept. 1" that you don't understand?

Yes. As long as the day you receive the service is a day for which you have coverage, you're good, even if the claim isn't received until later. The only problem with using it on the 31st is finding a dentist who works on Saturdays, but you've already done that.

[ Yes, you can use it next week.] What month did you quit? Were you offered COBRA? {Continuation of Benefits R - - Act.} You pay the premiums, but that could/ would keep you insured until you get married ( or 6 months) and on your spouse's plan. [Drop the COBRA when you get the new ins.]