Toyota 4runner ner or Chevy tahoe for a family of 5?

Currently my family is 4 me the wife and 2 kids. Looking to add a 3rd kid in the near future. I currently drive a 2008 tacoma double cab and would like something with a trunk and a bit better passenger space.

My budget would be around 15k. Would a 4runner be big enough for 5 Or would a tahoe be better?

I'm leaning towards the Tahoe for the 3rd row seating but I'm not sure how reliable they are as I dont want something breaking all the time. I would keep the truck for several years.

How reliable are older tahoes? Or would a 4runner be big enough

Chevy Tahoe more room.

Ever consider a Highlander ?

• Dennis6 months agoReport

I did test drive one a family member used to have. I prefer truck based body on frame vehicles

Try US News & World report. They let you input specific makes & models and compare them to each other. Reliability wise, I'm sure the Toyota would win. No clue on the space. Also Consumer Reports. May have to go to the library but most of them have the annual car guides which would give good info.

Get a car, not a living room on wheels. The Rav4 is big enough to have 3 kids in it. Test drive a Camry or even a Corolla to see how you fit. Those latter choices should do unless you're all huge body people.