How does an economic recession affect a retail worker who is on union?

I work in a grocery store stocking produce and I’m protected by union. My company and union have a policy where if you work at least 8 weeks of 40 hours you legally default into full time meaning that legally the company can’t give you less than 40 hours once you default into full time. I’ve worked 40 hours a week... show more I work in a grocery store stocking produce and I’m protected by union. My company and union have a policy where if you work at least 8 weeks of 40 hours you legally default into full time meaning that legally the company can’t give you less than 40 hours once you default into full time. I’ve worked 40 hours a week for 16 weeks straight. So if I had my hours cut, the union would sue the company. So what’s the worst that could happen to me in a recession, me and my parents live in an apartment in Chicago. So if this country goes into a recession that everybody keeps anticipating, how would it directly affect me?
Update: I’m just asking will a recession affect me at a minimum wage grocery store job.