Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 3 months ago

How do former high schools know where you live when they send reunion invitations?

I've moved three times since college. There is very little trace of my existence on the internet; there is certainly no indication of my whereabouts. I have no connection to anyone with whom I went to high school. I'm fairly certain nobody in my class was even aware of my existence while I was attending. Yet, inevitably, those damned letters will periodically arrive.

When I dismantled my mailbox, they started dropping in through the chimney. I resorted to faking my death, moving to another country, and adopting a new identity. Still, like destiny, they arrive.

Seriously, though, how do they know?

• ?
    Best Answer

When you moved, did you fill out a forwarding address at your post office? If so, the post office is your culprit.

• drip

Google yourself. It is amazing how much info is out there.

Do you write letters to Santa every winter? Maybe he sells his mailing list.

Could they be using your SSN?

They send it to your home address. Your parents will answer or forward it to you.