When to see a doctor for a sore throat?

I’ve had a sore throat for 10 days there’s visible white spots at the very back and on my tonsils, but my tonsils aren’t swollen themselves. Swollen glands in my neck worst in the left.

I wake up each day and think it’s getting better but it gets the night time and it just as sore as the night before

See a doctor or try ride it out?

• TedEx

Ten days is a little too long to ""ride it out". See your doc, or go to an urgent care clinic.

It depends on how much it interferes with your life.

If you go to the doctor, and it is bacterial, they can treat it; but if it's viral, you just have to wait while it runs its course.

If you think it's getting better, it may be best to leave it alone. If you take antibiotics too often, you are at risk for developing antibiotic-resistant bacteria. But if you do take them, be sure to take all of them, because not taking the full course is an even greater risk of developing antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Could be mono, could be post nasal drip, could be a lot of things, getting seen is the only way to know.

• jenn

it sounds like strep throat. i’d suggest to see a doctor ASAP