Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 10 months ago

What is the better form of Public Transport to work?

I live in Lansing Michigan area. I just recently got a job over at the University BUT the thing is I don't think it's fair to pay a 50 Dollar a month permit for parking at the parking structure plus I would be paying for gas on my about 30 minute trip there and back each day there I don't really like taking the Bus to be honest though is there any better options.

Favorite Answer

The only public transit in Lansing, CATA, offers busses and no other method of public travel.

So, it's drive and pay to park (Which worked out over 20 work days in a month, comes to only $2.50 a day, which is cheap), take the bus, go by Uber (Which will cost a lot MORE than the parking charge) or walk.

Cal Berkeley charges over $100/Mo for staff parking permits, so $50 is a bargain, plus you aren't driving back and forth to California. Contact your parking office to see if they offer any payroll tax discounts, discounts for car pools or subsidize bus fare for commuting staff. Some folks carry a bicycle or electric scooter to ride the last mile after parking somewhere else for free.