Using 110v lead with 3pin wall plug and extension sockets to feed shed / workshop /unit?

I have some 110vv yellow thick electric cable that i want to use as an extension to my shed by taking off the 110v connectors and replacing them with whats on my genneral household extension lead's scoket and 3 pin wall pug.

Would that work or is it too thick?

Shed has 5 foot fluorescent light tube and wall plug sockets for my man cave DIY tools.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The yellow one is OK for your man cave.

• unmaitre6 months agoReport

will it be ok to use as a replacement cable into my extension lead's socket and plug? Looks a lot thicker

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

please use proper electrical gear for the desired power draw at the required distance.

• 6 months ago

Depends on how far the run is. Do it right and run the wire underground with AWG #10 underground wire.

• ...Show all comments
    • KY-Clay
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Then I would recommend you use at least a cord of AWG # 12 underground size wire even if you run It above ground.

• 6 months ago

There's no such thing as too thick when it comes to electrical wire it's better to have a thicker cord then it is to have to thin a cord.

So ok to put a 13amp 3 pin socket and use?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

What is the electrical load in amps in your shed?

• ...Show all comments

all my applaices are 3 pin plug and i use them by plugging into standard wall socket extension lead

• 6 months ago

Here is a picture of what I have

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.