Using 110v lead with 3pin wall plug and extension sockets to feed shed / workshop /unit?

I have some 110vv yellow thick electric cable that i want to use as an extension to my shed by taking off the 110v connectors and replacing them with whats on my genneral household extension lead's scoket and 3 pin wall pug.

Would that work or is it too thick?

Shed has 5 foot fluorescent light tube and wall plug sockets for my man cave DIY tools.

• Edwena
    Favorite Answer

The yellow one is OK for your man cave.

• unmaitre6 months agoReport

will it be ok to use as a replacement cable into my extension lead's socket and plug? Looks a lot thicker

please use proper electrical gear for the desired power draw at the required distance.

Depends on how far the run is. Do it right and run the wire underground with AWG #10 underground wire.

• KY-Clay

Then I would recommend you use at least a cord of AWG # 12 underground size wire even if you run It above ground.

There's no such thing as too thick when it comes to electrical wire it's better to have a thicker cord then it is to have to thin a cord.

• unmaitre6 months agoReport

So ok to put a 13amp 3 pin socket and use?

• John

What is the electrical load in amps in your shed?

• unmaitre6 months agoReport

all my applaices are 3 pin plug and i use them by plugging into standard wall socket extension lead

Here is a picture of what I have