Can I Use Wall Paint To Paint My Night Stand?

So I’m remodeling my house for the near holidays & I was wondering if I can use wall paint on my sanded night stand? The hardware store sells furniture paint but not the shade nor finish I’m looking for. It’s my first year away from my parents house & I have no clue what to do! Help!

Use a good quality primer first, then any paint you want.

Laytex will peel. A nice wall paint would be acrylic, which is more durable. Oil-based paint, which is often used on cabinets, is even better. Beware of fumes, though.

• Mary6 months agoReport

You can use that paint if you want. But you must primer it first,or the paint will soak into the wood and the tannins from the wood may show through.- A Painter

I would use furniture paint

It will look nice for a bit, but is very weak when it comes to moving things around on it. Oil based enamel, much better.

A semi-gloss or gloss wall paint will work just fine for a quickie furniture paint! Two coats and it will be looking fabulous! Getting out on your own is an adventure worth taking. So have fun!

It is not a good idea I tell you what use furniture paint

I wouldn't do it. It won't last very long before it gets scratches. If you go to a paint store they can mix any color you want as well as advise you on what type to use.

• art

yes of course you can, wall paint is also known as emulsion, it scatches and chips a lot more easier than "gloss" paint (wood paint)

also emulsion is uaually water based so there are none of the nasty vapours as it drys like you would get from gloss paint, but that also means that it isnt very water resistant

Sure......................

Wall paint isn't as durable as furniture paint. I would put a coat of clear gloss over it once the paint is applied to keep it from scratching.