Sick for four months with mononucleosis, is that normal?

47 y.o. male in otherwise good health. No medications, no other medical issues. I used to work out and run regularly prior to testing positive April 2019. Symptoms: Malaise, fatigue, lower back pain, various other body aches and pains. When I tried resuming physical activity, even gentle exertion results in what... show more 47 y.o. male in otherwise good health. No medications, no other medical issues.

I used to work out and run regularly prior to testing positive April 2019.

Symptoms: Malaise, fatigue, lower back pain, various other body aches and pains.

When I tried resuming physical activity, even gentle exertion results in what I found is called "post exertional malaise": a feeling of sickness that lasts for days after a mere 10 minute jog. Prior to infection, I would do 50 minute jogs every other day and feel great. Now I feel sick for days after even a short gentle jog. This is four months after infection. All online sources say I should be back to normal after two months, tops. What is going on? How long will this last? Is this another illness? Thanks.