I dropped my laptop and cracked the screen. (I am taking full responsibility for my mistake). Is it possible for it to be fixed?

Long story short: Last night, I dropped my laptop. I won’t get into too much detail but it cracked from the inside. Now the entire top half is cracked. I can still see a little bit of my screen on the bottom half, so it’s possible nothing else was damaged, but I’m still screwed cause I made a dumb choice. I just... show more Long story short: Last night, I dropped my laptop. I won’t get into too much detail but it cracked from the inside. Now the entire top half is cracked. I can still see a little bit of my screen on the bottom half, so it’s possible nothing else was damaged, but I’m still screwed cause I made a dumb choice. I just want to know if it’s possible to have it fixed. I have a 3 year warranty of Apple care + also so I am eligible for repair or replacement. Also. If I need it replaced, is it possible to backup my stuff. This is a laptop I mainly use for school.