Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 11 months ago

Why is catnip not illegal?

It's a drug that makes cats high.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

it doesn't work like that for all cats. I have 3 cats two of which do not have any reaction whatsoever towards catnip and the third just plays with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Not all cats are bothered with the stuff. Some eat it, some roll in it, others totally ignore it. All cats are different, not just in colour, but in their likes and dislikes.

• ...Show all comments
    • Roz11 months agoReport

Jinks used to pee and stamped on it. I reckon he must have been doing it some good though as within a few hours it was bigger and better than ever, Dusty used to eat it, but always looked as though she hated the stuff, but didn't know why she had to eat it.

• Layne
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Most Leopards love it. Funny to watch them curl and play.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

I bet that's cute

• 11 months ago

Because its a cat drug :)

• Sam
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

some cat drugs need a prescription to be legal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

because like marijuana it is not physically addictive or dangerous.

A cat can not overdose on catnip, nobody can, and there are no serious or long lasting side effects.

Human alcohol consumption is a deadly drug compared to catnip, which isn't at any dosage. .It is impossible for a cat to die while enjoying catnip in any quantity.

Edit: Actually David has a good answer. Too bad we have each other blocked. I don't even remember why. It must've been a political thing. He must like Trump. But regardless, I would upvote his answer if I could. Unfortunately, when there is a block, it is not allowed. There was a time, for over ten years while Y!A was green, I never !anyone. Strangely it's only been since Y!A turned blue, but even now I only block those who block me. Seems fair.

Just because catnip is legal, is no reason to smoke it. I'm sure some idiots have, but it didn't kill them.

• 11 months ago

Because they tax it

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

It's a drug that makes people high to you can smoke catnip and catch a buzz off of it. Catnip is pretty much a harmless drug it doesn't build up in the blood it doesn't produce an addiction and it wears off in a couple of minutes and only produces a mild buzz in animals and in people. No reason to make it illegal.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

lol, are there really people that hard up for a buzz ;) That's funny... and not my TD.

• 11 months ago

It's a weed. And weed is legal in California for recreational purposes.

• 11 months ago

Catnip is not a drug. It is an herb from the mint family. The article at the link below explains why cats behave the way they do to it.

https://cattime.com/cat-facts/10911-why-do-cats-go...

• 11 months ago

cause theyre more worried about people getting high than cats getting high

• Sam
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

they care about dangerous drug being given to any animal. Catnip is not dangerous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.