Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 months ago

How to tell my mom i smoke weed??

Hello. So i’m a 14 year old girl and i smoke weed. I don’t do it everyday, probably a couple times a week on average. I have been caught with it once and i was grounded for about 4 weeks. She has an open mind to cannabis but her concern isn’t the THC it’s the smoking part. She tells me that she doesn’t want all of the smoke on my lungs but i did explain to her that someone who smokes, let’s say a joint a day is going to have healthier lungs than someone who smokes a pack of cigarettes everyday and she agreed with me on it. Cannabis is a topic that me and her discuss a lot. She knows weed isn’t bad she just worries about me going to other drugs bc that’s some close family did :/. I have seen my family members messed up on all sorts of drugs and every time i see it it urges me more and more to stay away from it. I like to smoke because it helps with my anxiety depression and ptsd. She has told me that when our state is legal i can get a medical card, but that’s most likely not gonna happen here. She also worries about my product being laced but honestly it’s not that common where i’m from. I have told my stepdad about it and he’s understanding. He told me that just because someone gets caught doesn’t mean they will quit and that my mom probably already knows because she isn’t stupid. I tell him things like that. I would just rather tell her and not have to deal w the hassle of lying. Pls don’t say i’m young to smoke my meds have made me suicidal and weed helps me way more.

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

If smoking is and issue and you can get your hands on edibles then there is a win win for everyone. Discuss with you mother and see if you can get some

You're a minor, underage and your mother can't give you permission to smoke marijuana. It's called "contributing to a minor". So don't even ask her to make a statement about it..... honestly, does she need to give consent? She's not legally allowed to give you consent to smoke dope, or drink etc.

So leave it alone. If you smoke pot you do.

Hey, your 14. Use all the vast life experience you got. Ignore your mom. She is just an adult and stupid. Maybe some day she will be 14 and smart like you.

i would just stop smoking it and then you wont have to worry about any of it

• Kyle

have you tried exercising? maybe join a sport at school. exercising can help a lot of people with anxiety to make you feel better and relax. plus you'll get in shape and live a healthier life than smoking weed everyday.

even if where you live recreational marijuana becomes legal, private organizations, schools, and businesses can still have a drug free policy. where if you're caught, or it affects your school or work, you could be suspended, disciplined, terminated or expelled. so keep that in mind.