Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 11 months ago

What is the best poison to kill off squirrels?

The squirrels keep eating my tomatoes. Im tired of it. What is some good poison to kill them off?

Update:

It is illegal to use an air rifle in my area so this is not a good idea.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

All squirrels are deathly allergic to peanuts. Toss some out among your tomato plants and they'll be dead by morning.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Probably not legal

• 11 months ago

Lead works very well. Just insert it in your .22 and pull the trigger.

• 11 months ago

you just simply get an animal to guard your Gardens like a dog or cat, squirrels have plenty of natural predators

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Don't kill living things who are only trying to survive, idiot. What's the matter with you ?

• 11 months ago

Poisoning squirrels will likely poison your neighbors dogs and cats as they eat the poisoned squirrels. It’s also probably illegal.

I suggest offering the squirrels something they like better than tomatoes. Peanuts in the shell will or sunflower seeds would probably work, try a feed store or on line for cheap sources.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Poison won't do any good to kill off the squirrels it doesn't scare the rest of them away. Here's something that really works. Go find yourself some large glue traps. Or get a 1-gallon container of the glue at the feed and ranch store. Put a bunch of the extra large glue traps around and put a couple of peanuts right in the center. Put them all over your yard. The stupid squirrel we'll go and get one of his foot stuck in the glue trap. And you'll have a yard full of squirrels that are stuck on the ground clumping all over the yard mad as hell.

All the other squirrels will see the squirrels that are stuck in the glue trap limping all over the yard with a glue trap stuck to its foot and they'll avoid coming down. At the end of the day you can wet them down and melt with water-based glue. Or you can kill them. you can also take some Dead squirrels and hang them by their tail over your garden and that will keep the squirrels away from your garden.

• 11 months ago

Forget the poison. They're too smart for that. Just put a chicken wire cage around your tomato plants.

• 11 months ago

i wouldnt poison them, i would just build a fence around it so they cant get in

• 11 months ago

What ever you use, test it on yourself first, just to make sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.