Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 6 months ago

Post nasal drip while not being sick?

I've had problems for a few months now where I've had this uncontrollable drainage in the back of my throat especially after eating and yelling. It's starting to effect my social anxiety because I'm in school and I'm worried about classes that I have to speak in after lunch time mainly. It hasn't gone away and it's making me anxious, so could someone maybe offer me some tips that don't include just treating it with medication?

It's likely some sort of irritant/allergy. The only thing you might try is an antihistamine, and that's medication. I can't think of another thing.

Get it checked at the doctor. It might be something that can be rectified, but you won't know until it is diagnosed.

• y

More then likley it is allergies. You can see doc and get tested, you could start taking an OTC allergy med. Start tracking your diet to see if a food or food group trigger thing(for myself it was dairy).

I'm sorry, but you can clean/rinse your sinuses for some short term relief but if it is allergies, it's meds.

You can go the more more shower, air purification, the hypoallergenic bedding and such, and all of that will help. But the only way to get around meds is to get tested, then hope it is something you can avoid. More often then not, it isn't.