Who owns a 2019 Jeep Cherokee? And what do you think of it? I’m looking to buy one and I want it to be reliable with little issues.?

• John

I'm on my 4th - my first was a 1975 Cherokee when the fancy model was called Wagoneer. I suggest going to www.edmunds.com. You'll get better feedback on later models there.

• zipper

Let me see I have a Jeep Liberty 2004 with 314,000 miles on it and a 2008 grand Cherokee with 103,000 miles on it: LOVE THEM BOTH they both have the 3.7 V6 engine in them and I get 23 miles to the gallon. GO FOR IT PAL!

I don t have a 2019 grand Cherokee but I do have an 06 and its got 123000 on it and id take it anywhere. its never failed me. Of course I maintain it every 3500 miles with oil and filter.I think its awesome. Great gas mileage 23 mpg for the year and no major repairs.

• John

I bought my first Jeep in 2019 but it is a new Jeep Wrangler and macho.

Good vehicle. 2 friends just bought one (each) and they love them.

• don r

Ha Ha Ha...Fiat Chrysler. Jeeps are among the most unreliable cars sold in America.

Jeeps are notoriously low on the reliability scale long term and have been so for MANY years. Search Jeep Cherokee reviews and do some reading about reliability and problems - they haven't changed anything for 2019. They are GREAT new vehicles and will likely be fine for 3-5 years but are not a vehicle you will see on the road with any regularity in the 10-20 year age range. Same for most Chrysler products, great out of the gate....but can't do the long run.

• Ron

How the **** can you tell the reliability of a car that just came off the lot?

My buddy at work just bought one for his wife - she loves it.

Too soon to know whether or not it will be reliable - but as with most vehicles, you could take two off the assembly line one right after the other - and one will go the distance with routine maintenance, while the other will break down every time you look at it wrong.

They got some kind of deal with a (non-transferable) lifetime powertrain warranty - which included a few other components - like the fuel pump, etc. I might consider looking into that.